Greensboro Motorcycle Accident Lawyers Represent Injured Riders
Determined personal injury attorneys focus on maximizing clients’ compensation
North Carolina is a beautiful state to explore on a motorcycle, and riding also is an efficient way to commute to work. Motorcycle riding comes with risks, though. In 2019 alone, there were 3,516 reported motorcycle accidents in North Caroline, of which 184 were fatal and 2,728 caused various injuries. If you or a loved one has been seriously injured in a bike crash, Sigmon Klein, PLLC can help you obtain compensation for your medical costs, lost income and other crash-related expenses. We thoroughly investigate the facts of your accident, determine who is at fault and aggressively pursue the justice you deserve.
Common causes of motorcycle accidents
The first step in pursuing damages for any traffic accident is to determine what caused the crash. With motorcycles, the most common causes are:
- Aggressive driving — Operators of cars and trucks often drive too quickly or make sudden moves without fully checking to see if a smaller vehicle is on the road. Risky behavior, such as unlawful passing, also invites tragedy.
- Impaired operation — Drug or alcohol consumption by a motorist compromises reaction time and has led to many fatal collisions between cars and motorcycles.
- Distracted or inattentive driving — Motorcycles are less visible to passenger car drivers than cars and trucks. If the driver is distracted with a cell phone, food, activity in the car or simply not paying close attention, it’s easy to miss a motorcycle until it’s too late.
- Poor weather — Because they balance on two wheels, motorcycles are much more vulnerable to wet or icy surfaces, especially when they are not properly built or maintained. Fog can also limit a driver’s ability to recognize a biker.
- Hazardous road conditions — Potholes, debris, and loose fragments in the road can knock a motorcycle off-balance with catastrophic results.
When it can strengthen our clients’ case, we engage skilled accident reconstruction experts to gather compelling evidence pointing to the cause of the crash.
Dedicated litigators work to find who is at fault for North Carolina motorcycle accidents
Once we know how the accident happened, we can determine who is legally responsible. Should the facts point to the careless driver of another vehicle, we take action against them. If a defective motorcycle part caused the crash, the manufacturer could be responsible for resulting damages. When a roadway is unreasonably dangerous, the government entity responsible for construction and maintenance can be held liable for crashes.
Greensboro motorcycle accidents and North Carolina helmet laws
North Carolina law requires all riders and passengers to wear a safety helmet that meets Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards. If you have an accident while in violation of this law, you may still bring a personal injury claim against an at-fault party, as long as you did not contribute to the cause of the crash. However, it may be very difficult to recover damages for a head injury.
Contact an experienced Greensboro motorcycle accident attorney
Sigmon Klein, PLLC in Greensboro provides aggressive personal injury representation for victims of motorcycle accidents. To schedule a free consultation, call us at 336-697-6790 or contact our office online. Our office is next to Center City Park, but we can come to your home or hospital room if necessary.