Greensboro Family Law Attorneys Provide Effective Guidance
North Carolina firm handles divorces, custody matters and other cases
The attorneys at Sigmon Klein, PLLC in Greensboro understand the importance of effective family law counsel in the lives of our North Carolina clients. We combine skillful advocacy with genuine compassion while helping people overcome obstacles linked to major life changes, such as divorce and adoption. With the right legal guidance, you can move forward to the next step of your life with confidence.
How we can help
Throughout the Triad and in other North Carolina locations, we deliver high-level legal representation in various types of family law matters, including those relating to:
- Divorce — Area residents rely on us at every stage of the divorce process. Whether you’re considering filing a Complaint for Absolute Divorce or have been served with papers, we’ll help you focus on what’s important and aggressively protect your interests.
- Separation agreements — We handle the preparation and negotiation of separation agreements.. When spouses live apart, enforceable terms might be required to address spousal support payments, parenting plans and the division of bank accounts and other assets. As in divorce cases, we provide detailed advice to clients and press to create a mutually acceptable separation agreement.
- Child custody — Our firm represents parents in matters addressing legal and physical child custody. Whenever possible, we aim to construct clear, fair orders that preserve parent-child bonds and guarantee that noncustodial parents have ample visitation rights.
- Alimony — In marriages where one person earns all or most of the household income, a breakup could trigger severe financial problems for their spouse. After reviewing the pertinent information, our firm helps potential alimony payers and recipients secure appropriate spousal support terms.
- Child support — Moving out of the family home does not relieve a parent’s legal duty to fund the costs associated with raising their child. The state’s child support formula takes each party’s income into account, along with other factors. If you are seeking or making payments, we’ll tell you what to expect and can also handle modification and enforcement actions.
- Property division — We represent spouses in discussions and litigation related to the division of marital assets and debts. If your case goes to court, the state’s equitable distribution law means that the result depends on what the judge thinks is fair, so it is critical to retain a seasoned advocate.
You cannot be sure how long any particular family law matter will last, but we are committed to achieving our clients’ objectives promptly and without needless conflict whenever possible.
Compassionate advocates litigate family law modifications and appeals
Family law cases differ from many other legal actions because the parties often maintain some type of contact after the case is concluded. If you believe that an existing order was wrongly decided or that a change in circumstances justifies a modification, we’ll advise you on how to pursue a useful change. As experienced advocates, we know how to deliver compelling arguments on our clients’ behalf.
Contact a responsive Triad family law attorney today
Sigmon Klein, PLLC in Greensboro handles a wide range of family law concerns for North Carolina residents, including divorces and child support proceedings. Please call 336-697-6790 or contact us online to speak with a qualified attorney.